Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Gold Star Grandson


Our oldest grandson, Kyle, is living with us for a while. It seems to be working out just fine. One night early in his stay, he loaded the dishwasher ~ and wow! he loads it just like I do. One gold star! Because his car is 2-wheel drive, when the weather is really bad, he takes my car and is the only person besides me who can guide it into the garage perfectly (tiny garage, big car) so that I can back it straight out. Two gold stars. 

What begin jokingly has suddenly become more serious as I have discovered all sorts of ways in which this young man is a delight to have around the house. 

Clean snow with dog poop off the deck - third gold star.
Bring in the Christmas tree - fourth gold star. 
Offer to help decorate said tree - fifth gold star (assuming it happens). 
Bring heavy items up the stairs - sixth gold star. 

We laugh about it and at the same time I mean the thanks and gratitude. 
Having an extra person suddenly living with you can be stressful and so far this gold star grandson has been easy and fine to have around. Oh - and for some really neat conversations, seventh gold star!

No comments: