Wednesday, December 30, 2015

On the Fifth Day ~

On the fifth day of Christmas I am grateful for friends. At my age I have collected a lot of them over the years. Some dropped by the wayside because of moves or other ordinary circumstances. Some because our energies just didn’t match and long before I knew about such things, I knew I needed to free my space of their energy. Others have been around a long, long time, including one who is six months younger than I am and I like to say we’ve been friends since the day she was born. Our parents went to the same church and although she and I didn’t go to the same school, we saw each other every Sunday and at about age 8 or 9 when someone asked who was my best friend, I said Lynn. She heard that and knew it was right. To this day, no matter how much time has passed, we pick up where we left off, speaking as if we had spoken the day before. 


Dean and I are still in touch with a number of people from our elementary and high school classes. FaceBook has brought former students into my life in a way that is fun and delightful. My “kids” now have grands of their own and I am So Proud of all of them. Friends truly are a blessing. 

No comments: