Saturday, December 26, 2015

On the First Day . . .



This morning I counted. Was yesterday the first day of Christmas or is today? Today. The 12 days start today and end on Epiphany, January 6th. 

So ~ on the first day of Christmas, I am grateful for ~ Christmas. For the ancient story of the coming of the Light that in my tradition segued itself into the birth of the Baby who became the Hope of the world for many of us. I am grateful for all the return of the light, both a little earlier each morning and the return of the Light which reminds me that the dark shall not overcome. Sometimes evil is dramatic and makes the headlines. Over and over gentle acts of kindness and compassion, love and tenderness prove that Light and Love still hold sway over our lives. Blessed be. 

2 comments:

MikeC said...

The return of the light. Yes. Thank you! I failed to mention that in my blog this year, so thank you for doing so.

Tahoe Mom said...

You're welcome!