Sunday, December 27, 2015

On the Second Day . . .

On the second day of Christmas, I am grateful for family. This includes ancestors, aunts, uncles and grandparents who thought I was the most wonderful baby and child in the world. It includes cousins who were like brothers and sisters to me. Parents  - I was asked once what it was like to be raised by giants. Yes, they were very special people. 

It includes my adult core family: my wonderful first husband, Rex, who died 19 years ago last night. Our two daughters of whom I cannot be more proud. And now their delightful spouses and children. 


It includes my wonderful second husband, Dean, whose family welcomed me and allowed me to be Mama Susan to their children. And it includes 12 1/2 grandchildren ranging in age from 25 to arriving in February. Everyone of them is so special to me and I am so thrilled to be sharing in their lives. 

No comments: