Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thrift shop shopping

We have a very nice Hospice thrift shop (one outlet in Truckee, one in King's Beach) and we often donate there. Dean was very pleased with the help hospice gave him when Nancy was so sick. And we also shop there.

Today: 4 books, two of my favorite authors (who weren't there when we were in several weeks ago); a long fleece robe that zips all the way down and has bears in the pattern. I may hang out in it a lot until the swelling in my leg goes down. Snuggly. Dean bought a perfect fit pair of 501 jeans, a fleece vest and - hmmmm - something else.

I am very pleased. I now have the books I need to go to the hospital and to stay in at home for a little while - not for long though. They are determined I will be up and going -- I keep reminding them of all our stairs and they sort of hem and haw and indicate that I need to do them as soon as I possibly can. And until I can, I am ready to cuddle on the window seat and read. :D ~ blessings

1 comment:

MikeC said...

And you have that window seat. Such a blessing!