Thursday, November 25, 2010

A little Thanksgiving miracle

A Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to you all ~

There is a grand sweep of things for which I am thankful. Family, friends, caring and compassion in the world, ideas, books, my life in general, on and on. And this morning I am especially thankful for one tiny little event. This morning I rolled over.

Dean and I were both awake about 5. I was returning to bed from a trip to the bathroom and he asked if I had seen the moon ~ Gorgeous, flooding our white landscape with sparkling light. I commented on it being Thanksgiving. He reached out and gave my arm a pat ~ and I rolled over toward him. I Just Rolled Over.

I didn't think about it. I didn't wonder if I might, could, should try. I didn't latch on to something and pull. I Just Rolled Over.

It has been six months or more since I have rolled on that side without a squeak, squeal or even scream of pain. And this morning I Just Rolled Over.

Wow! A little tiny Thanksgiving morning miracle.

And having commented on that little miracle, we both rolled over in the other directions and went back to sleep for a while. :) So goes the way of miracles. Still, I am Very Aware that something has changed. Just like the first time a baby rolls over and mom knows everything has changed, I know things have changed. The new hip is more mine now. It is going where I want to go without as much thought on either of our parts. How nice.

Thanksgiving, 2010: the day I Just Rolled Over.

~ with blessings for a lovely and very special day

No comments: