Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tahoe Update




Usually this is an email to the family ~ and this afternoon you all get to hear and view it.

Hurray! There is more to talk about this week than the Tahoe Mom's surgery. Although you won't escape that topic entirely.

We have a snowmobile!!! And snow to ride it on. The pictures are of Dean learning how to ride the machine. I must admit, it is not as easy as I thought it would be. I thought he would just get on it and go. No way. The young man who sold it to us was over this afternoon putting the machine and Dean through their paces. I think he has learned enough to be able to bring up the groceries in the snow which is one of the First Big Reasons for having the thing. We bring them up by bobcat in the summer and as of yesterday the snow was deep enough that even the bobcat with chains doesn't come up the drive.

It will also be nice to start a snowshoeing trail. The one thing we both have trouble with now is cutting that trail when the snow is powdery and you plunge up to your knees with every step.

The snow started Friday morning and sort of spittered and spatted all day and on Friday morning I was wondering if the forecast was just plain wrong. Nope - I was. Snow came again about 10 Saturday (yesterday) morning and it has snowed continuously since. This is the most snow we have had in November for over 12 years. It is a Huge storm and is supposed to continue for a while.

Which means we are not sure Daughter and her family will make it up for Thanksgiving. And it really doesn't matter. We will have a special family dinner whenever they can make it and we are always thankful as a family for each other and the love we share that if we have to miss the day itself, it will be ok. The ski slopes on the other hand are Thrilled!!! The Season has begun.

I've been tired today. I guess this last week just caught up with me. I continue to get better though - almost hourly. I made it downstairs to watch some tv yesterday. Stairs are a piece of cake given what they felt like before surgery.

Dean had a small crew work with him Friday and they closed up all the holes outside the house and redid the insulation under the house. No more critters spending the winter sleeping on or in the insulation. The front deck is piled with wood - almond (hard) and pine (soft). Morning winter fires will burn brightly. We are ready for winter.

Good thing as winter is here -- may you have a safe and snuggly one, with blessings

2 comments:

Bobby Dean said...

He looks like a pro!

Tahoe Mom said...

He does, doesn't he? I was a little worried the first time I saw the hot shot taking it around a curve leaning W-A - Y over to the side. I thought, if Dean has to do that, we are in Big Trouble. And he is doing Just Fine. And is pleased.