Friday, November 26, 2010

So What's Going On?

I am basically pain free. Hurray!!

So - I should be off pain meds. Right?

And basically I am. I had tapered down to one Percocet at night and then to 1/2 the transition tablet doc had prescribed - a very mild form of Vicodin I think. I had a kick butt PT session today and have been tired all day - even dozed a little after lunch.

So what happened between 9:30 and 10 tonight? Well, first of all, I woke up. Still no pain. Very comfortable actually - just awake. Then the legs became a little twitchy. *sigh* So here I am - 11:30 pm, late for me, not so much so for other folks, walking, walking, walking. Cleaned the kitchen a little. Walked and walked. Now I am writing my blog and then I may watch another movie. And . . . I see no reason to take a pain med of any kind or strength. A sleeping pill maybe except I have none of those specifically. I am also beginning to get drowsy again so maybe these few minutes up and about are really all I need. I have to get over this hump of needing meds to sleep. Remember, I have been taking pain pills to sleep long before surgery and I really was taking them for pain. No pain - no pills. Hang in there, ole gal. You'll make it. ~ with blessings

No comments: