Saturday, January 3, 2015

Mixed Emotions

This morning I put away the Christmas decorations. There is something always a little sad about that for me. I leave the tree lights turned on until the last minute. I put carols on for the last time. And once in a while I shed a tear or just stop and contemplate what I am putting away. Our little tree was so beautiful this year. I know, they all are, and this one seemed especially so. I will miss it's shining through the dark. It looks very empty.


On the other hand, with decorations out of the way, I am able to put out gifts for the first time. 

Candles that celebrate the life I hope we live.

A very comfortable pillow that celebrates where we live, laugh and love. 
And a comfy fleece blanket that defies picture taking because it is draped across my knees ~ after I reclaimed it from the grands who started using it as soon as I took it out of the box.
It has been a blessed and wonderful season, with the gift of family being the best gift of all.
That is a gift that is with us every minute of every day, every season of the year.
Blessings to you and your families all through the year!

No comments: