Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Changing Patterns

As I wrote in my journal this morning, I realized I was writing about changing patterns in my life. Not big things. Just little ways of being and doing that in a very short time are different than they have been for a long time.

1) I have unloaded the dishwasher every morning for years. Sunday, upon returning home, dinner dishes were minimal so we didn't do them that night. After lunch on Monday the dishwasher was full and so I ran it, unloaded it, and again the dinner dishes were minimal. I like this new pattern. It gives me a few extra minutes in the morning to stay in bed or keep a slower morning pace. And we can leave the bedroom door open at night because there is no dishwasher noise to disturb Dean's sleep.

2) I have changed my gym pattern. Starting this morning I have cut back on my treadmill time, using it mainly for warm-up, made sure I did all my usual exercises, even increasing reps and have added back my work on the balance board. The importance of balance has come to the fore of my thinking recently for several reasons, none having to do with me, but there nonetheless. It is good to be back.

3) It is the end of January and I have yet to set up the 2015 file folders. Arrrggghhh. And then this morning I realized I can make the new files without having to put anything in them at the same time. I will set up the files and then come back with what goes in them ~ maybe later the same day, maybe the next day. All I know is, it doesn't all have to be done at once. Phew.

Changing patterns do not have to be huge or life changing ~ just changing. A little change can be a good thing now and then.

No comments: