Monday, May 20, 2013

With Gratitude and Prayers

Listening to the news from Moore, Oklahoma where children in an elementary school died when a tornado, unlike any seen in this country, tore through their town and destroyed much of it.

I spent today at an elementary school where my daughter works and two of her children attend. I was in the audience for a DARE (Drug and Alcohol Abuse Resistance Education) graduation. My grandson was chosen from his class to read his essay. Three classes of 5th graders listened with attention, participated, pledged to stay drug, alcohol and violence free. One class stated one by one what they wanted to be when they grew up and in order to do that would remain drug and violence free. Their dreams were wonderful: teachers, vets ~ lots of those ~ chefs, police, and one marine biologist and one professional basketball star. For all those young dreams, for my grandchildren, for every child who still have their dreams, I am So Grateful tonight.


No comments: