Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Gift of Time

One of the gifts I give myself is gym three mornings a week. Another gift I give myself is gym Only three mornings a week. I have learned that my body responds better to workouts with time in between so I go to gym on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. That leaves Tuesday and Thursday mornings for appointments ~ doctor’s, vet’s, haircut, etc. It also allows for leaving the house showered and dressed before 9:30.



Once in a while, however, there is no Thursday morning plan. That means no hurry. I get up whenever it is time to get up. With the morning light these days, that can mean any time between 5:45 and 7:30. I am able to dress at leisure; take a few minutes to enjoy Dean’s morning fire; actually decide on what’s for breakfast instead of throwing oatmeal in the pot. If Dean doesn’t have to leave until later in the morning, we might even take Oso for a walk. There is something really lovely about the gift of time in the middle of the week. 




No comments: