Friday, May 10, 2013

I May Become a Cook Again


Dean went to Costco a couple of weeks ago and came home with a Cuisinart Food Processor. We had not ever mentioned wanting or needing or even thinking about one. But, evidently Dean had been thinking of it. And there it was the next time he went shopping. 

He took it out of the box this morning and we immediately became fascinated. He took the book, I took the dvd and plunged in. I was ready to cook again. This is going to make some things So Much Easier than I what I have been doing ~ slicing tomatoes, chopping or slicing for a stir fry, bread dough, and tonight, chopping nuts for Dean's sundae and shredding Parmesan for my salad. Even though it is a large container, it is easy to chop a small amount. The container next to the processor itself holds all the attachments. 

We were going to lunch right next to our Hospice Thrift Shop where we make all sorts of donations ~ and occasionally make a purchase. So I cleaned out several of the little appliances that were used occasionally and that became outmoded with this purchase. I donated a hand-mixer, a tiny food processor, a curly slicer, and a set of glasses that were already wrapped and ready to donate. I forgot to put in the little nut chopper but I will next time. 

I already know that I am going to enjoy this machine. It has a place on the counter with the storage container in the cabinet below (in a space that opened up with the donations). The couple of things I chopped and shredded tonight were easy after a few minutes of reading the instructions ~ and discovering there were a couple of things left out of those instructions. I am one of those people who need Every step listed very clearly. And all worked out well. Very pleased with our new purchase. 

2 comments:

MikeC said...

Keep us updated. I've always felt that a food processor was overkill for just Terry and me. So you have my attention.

Tahoe Mom said...

Well, Mike, tonight I chopped nuts for Dean's sundae ~ about 1/2 a cup. Easy and quick swish through hot water for clean up. I think the long part will be the prep time to get the veggies etc ready to chop or shred. And we will see. I will definitely let you know.