Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"New" Writer

Thanks to my step-son, I have "discovered" a new writer. Of course she won a Pulitzer Prize with her first book of short stories so I am not the first discoverer. Nor is she any longer "new" - just young.

Her name is Jhumpa Lahiri and I am reading her first book, "interpreter of maladies".

You learn much about the characters in the short amount of time she gives to each story. She has a way of plunging you into their lives, thoughts and experiences that have brought them to this moment in time. All is woven together in a smooth, colorful cloth of words and images that invites the reader to wrap it around for a few moments before moving on to the next story or back into the reader's life.

I recommend her highly even after only three stories. Son has read her latest book so between us we offer you the gift of her writing. Find, read and enjoy ~ blessings

No comments: