Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dean!

~ first words I say this morning are "Happy Birthday."

Later I sit close on the window seat and say, "Happy Birthday" ~ and then I add, "I don't have anything for you." He smiles and says, "Oh, you have Lots for me." :D And I realize I do - and he does for me - and we give to each other every day. Many times every day. Happy Birthday.

We give because we are together. He prepares the wood for winter. I prepare the deck. We put it all back come summer. We both cook. I do laundry. He puts it away. We stop and hug in the kitchen. I have the books I love. He has the tools he loves. He skis for himself . . . and is the first to march through the deep snow to plow a lane for me to snowshoe. We are here for each other over and over again every day. Happy Birthday.

Now I will prepare breakfast and this morning, because it is his birthday, I will add grits to the plate. Later in the day we will lunch at a place of his choosing. Sometime he will check his email and find the e-card I sent him. It will make him happy. His grin is a gift to me ~ and it's not even my birthday. Mutual giving and sharing makes every day a happy birth day ~ with blessings

2 comments:

MikeC said...

"Mutual giving and sharing makes every day a happy birth day" ... such a blessing to have such a marriage ... and I am so blessed to have such a one myself ... so happy to read about yours!

Tahoe Mom said...

Mike ~ I am blessed beyond measure as this is my second. Most people are fortunate to get One. To have lost the first to death, and then found another, is truly a miracle.