Sunday, November 29, 2009

First Sunday of Advent

Today is the first Sunday of the church year. Advent: ad - to, venio - come. What is coming? A time of waiting, wondering, anticipating. This afternoon (glorious, beautiful, clear and cold) we walked into the woods, cut a tree that was hidden in the woods where it could not grow much taller, and brought it home. It stands in its corner, branches still bare of decoration except its own natural green. It is lovely. And it too waits. Waiting for my time, when I am ready to decorate and bring it to life in another way. Waiting for glitter and light, tinsel and ornaments, each with their own story. I wait too - for a time that comes from deep inside when my soul says, "Now." When I am ready.

New life is coming and we must each prepare and be ready in order to welcome it when it comes.

~ with blessings

No comments: