Friday, November 6, 2009

I love Christmas

Hmmmm - I will need to check this out. I have already posted one with this title. I wonder if it is exactly what I am about to post now? Well, let's see.

I love Christmas. All of it. The tinsel, shopping, parties; the worship, adoration and blessings: in other words Santa and Jesus. I love it All.

And not before Thanksgiving! And this year the ads, the decorations, the commercials seemed to appear even earlier - I saw the first "season" background to a product Before Halloween. *sigh*

As there is Nothing I can do about it, I will sing along and smile and make my plans for Thanksgiving ~ and the day after, play my Christmas carols for the first time. ~ blessings

6 comments:

MikeC said...

And which radio station will be the first to go all Christmas music?

Tahoe Mom said...

*sigh* - the other thing that bothers me is that I really do like the idea of "Christmas" lasting at least through Epiphany - I'm very fond of the liturgical calendar. The cultural calendar has Christmas music gone before New Years.

Grandma Carol said...

Well, I'm sorry, but it gets to me this time of the year and I've already got Christmas music on my CD player. Vivaldi's Gloria, one of my all-time favs and the old 'December' album by George Winston. So there! (grin)

Tahoe Mom said...

Hey ~ welcome to it. My childhood church's "junior church" for kids always sang a couple of carols in July because we wanted to and they let us. :D Trinity asks me for "Jesus songs" and I sing them whenever -- and I would still like for society (read, stores wanting us to spend money) to wait just a little while longer. I think I am ahead of time already making plans for Thanksgiving! lol

Grandma Carol said...

One summer when I was baby-sittng Owen and putting him to bed, he wanted me to sing to him (his parents did, at bedtime then). All I could remember was Christmas Carols!

Tahoe Mom said...

Lovely! This makes me smile. My complaint really is about commercials and the "buy, buy, buy" mentality.