Monday, November 23, 2009

Family, Fun and Miracles

I do love the way the Universe often gives us what we need instead of what we expect.

Saturday night Son called to say there had been a change of plans and they were arriving on Sunday night instead of Monday or Tuesday. OK. Doing the final prep for company, even family, is not my favorite way to spend my Sunday and I was glad they were coming.

I called the woman who cleans for me occasionally to tell her there would be a houseful on Monday and she said, "you want me to come today?" :D

Dean and I drove to the grocery ~ and saw the most Beautiful rainbow. :D

I had time to sit with candles lit and enjoy our lovely home and meditate in the few minutes before family arrived. :D

There were 11 at dinner so I assigned myself to the second table with 4 grandkids. The 12 year old opened the conversation by asking who are our heroes. Then he told me he thought a book we had given him several years ago was "really cool" and that everyone should have their own copy. :D The 7-year-old took his 4-year-old sister away to discuss heroes so she would understand how to answer the question. :D

What a delightful evening! The family who lives close still has school this week and will be back Wednesday afternoon. Meanwhile we are getting to know our newest family member, Son's Chinese fiance'. The sun is shining. There are board games to be played, books to be read, and miracles galore swirling through the house. ~ blessings

1 comment: