Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Don't Know . . .

A wonderful, wandering, nomadic friend says, "What do you want to do now? What are your dreams? I can't believe you are finished with your spiritual journey."

Well, of course not -- and . . . I know what it isn't. I know that I am not yet ready to go back to a regular Sunday morning liturgy. That's negative. What Do I want?

What came immediately to mind were the times I have prayed or meditated at a distance with some group or person. Last Maundy Thursday I prayed with my church in VA during their prayer vigil. Often I light a candle and pray for a particular friend during a difficult time. Is there something like that that I might make a regular part of my life?

My friend spoke of his possibility of a house church and I thought immediately of the Quakers. I have never been to a Quaker meeting and I am very taken with idea of sitting in silence until the Spirit moves you to speak. Whether they still do it that way or not I don't know.

In a national denominational meeting several years ago, I offered to lead the committee's morning prayers and to hold the sacred space for the group. That worked - it was lovely. I like holding sacred space. Is there something . . . ?

Wherever this evolving journey leads, it will certainly include silent prayer and meditation. I am convinced of the power and grace in that experience. ~ with blessings on your own journey

No comments: