Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Little Square of Sky

Across one wall in our bedroom are three windows. Because the ceiling is high, above the center window is a little window - about 2 ft. square. During the day, I rarely notice it. At night ~ ah, at night it becomes magic.

Lying in bed, I am at a perfect angle to look out that window onto the night sky and the pattern of stars that twinkle out there. Before midnight there is a triangle of stars that perfectly define three of the corners of the window. Later other patterns appear - not quite as defined. When the moon is full, the sky is clear and only the brightest star makes it into the little picture.

If I am looking as I doze off ~ or lying there contemplating because I can't doze off ~ I am happy with the stars outside my window. I love my little square of sky.

No comments: