Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mom's Birth Day

When I wished my daughter a happy birthday, a FB friend wished me a happy birth day. This morning Dean's son sent him a sweet email on the son's birthday saying he was thinking of his mom and dad and wondering what it was like in the delivery room back then . . . and thanking Dean for being a good dad.

I love my birthday and being greeted with all those lovely wishes and even feted on occasion. And I have to admit I didn't often think of my mom on "my" day. I thought of her on her birthday. I still do. But not necessarily on mine.

And yet she and we are there ~ always there ~ just by the fact of the person in the world and having a birthday. And whether the child of whatever age thinks of mom or not, mom thinks of the child. Mom worked hard on your birth day. It was a birth day for her as well. I think it is lovely when children become old enough to be aware of that. ~ blessings

No comments: