Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tasty Tidbit

I think I have written about this before and I guess it doesn't matter because I want to do it again.

Made a big pot of chicken soup. It was good ~ and . . . it needed something. Called daughter who is a really good cook and asked what I might add. A tablespoon of bar-b-cue sauce. What??? Just do it, mom. So I did and it was Exactly what the soup needed. A tablespoon in a big pot of soup is just right. No bar-b-cue flavor, just a heightening of the flavor that is already there.

Well, that's our secret ingredient now. A tablespoon to a big pot of soup. A teaspoon to a smaller amount. A couple of drops if I want to do something nice for my personal bowl. We even added some to chili the other night when it just needed a little something. There is something about all the ingredients in bar-b-cue sauce that help boost flavors. And you don't have to add a dab of this and a dab of that and a dash of something else and then worry because you don't have a pinch of the other. Enjoy your cooking ~ with blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worth remembering. Thanks!

Tahoe Mom said...

Mike, I was hoping you would check this out. Really good.