Friday, September 3, 2010

Old Books

I have mentioned re-reading books in my library. I enjoy re-reading. Authors like Agatha Christie, Phillipa Gregory and Andrew Greeley get read and read and read again. Now I know who done it and I don't care. I enjoy the language, the plot twists, the character development even though I know the outcome.

Yesterday we visited a little used bookstore where I had turned in for credit a lot of books that were either doubles or I really didn't like enough to read again. I came home with some old delights - in my case mysteries only this time; Dean bought hiking, mountain type books.

Immediately I began to read one of my very favorite detectives ~ an old friend I had not visited for a long time, Henry Tibbett. I also bought three Miss Seeton books - and will share them with my daughter once I have read them because she loves Miss Seeton too. I also bought a new one - an author and detective I do not know. I will fit them in between two old favorites.

I always carry a book with me ~ to any appointment, to anywhere I may sit while Dean does something, to . . . anywhere. Just have the book with me and I never mind a wait of any kind. That also helps me read a lot more than I might if I waited to be able to sit down at home and read. I plan on doing that this weekend though -- surrounded by old and new friends, I will enjoy the warmth of the deck and time to visit again. ~ with blessings

No comments: