Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This, That and The Other Thing

Good drive to San Jose yesterday. I settled in the back seat where I could stretch my leg and even get ice and drinks for us without a lot of effort.

How nice to have my cell phone pick up my emails. Meredith and I emailed a couple of times - I more than she of course because she is deep in writing. Still I knew she was receiving and I was glad to get what she did send - all while zooming down the highway.

I also listened to the News from Lake Wobegon a couple of times. Very nice - and time filling.

Dean pleased me: if I see the surgeon on the 12th and he can do surgery right away, we won't go to Texas. It helps I think that he is thinking of not going anyway - and it was good to hear him so positive about getting me well first and foremost. I also know he is as tired of this as I am.

Supper at Fresh Choice - and back there again tonight with Mindy's family. It is one of those places where I could eat several times a week.

Dean bought a blue blazer at the outlet stores. He really needed one. His present one is shiny. And like a woman's little black dress, every man needs one. I bought a classic blue button down oxford. Do you realize how Hard those are to find?? I've been looking for several years. Nice.

After checking into the hotel we ambled over to the bookstore where I picked up several new mysteries and a Starbucks hot chocolate. :)

Today I am thinking Mexican for lunch - and maybe tomorrow and Friday as well. Unfortunately the place I had hoped to go is closed. Thank you, Google - I am not in shape to walk over there and have to walk back without lunch in my tummy. There is one right outside the hotel however and I will enjoy that for three days running. I can even sit on the patio. Lovely weather in San Jose -- even if they think it is chilly. For mountain folks it is very pleasant. I had just hoped to mix up the menu a little.

When Dean made the reservations here, he requested a first floor room. We are on the second and I am waiting to hear from the front desk - hoping to move and not really necessary. Just more convenient. Less steps for the ole hip. And I will make it.

Looking forward to seeing two of our grandsons tonight. We will also see them play soccer on Saturday. Don't know how often in between and I hope to take them to the bookstore sometime while we are here. That is always fun for the Mama Susan ~ with blessings

No comments: