Monday, September 13, 2010

Hope for a bookstore

Sadly, we have been thinking our local bookstore was going to close.

This morning an email said they were having a downsizing stock sale - in order to stay open in another smaller location!! Yay!!

I don't like for this to have to happen to them and at the same time it is better for us and them if they can downsize, move and we can still have a bookstore in town.

I know the state of the world. Kindles and all other electronic readers are going to make holding a paper paged book obsolete very soon. Still the state of My world is that I like to hold the book in my hands, turn the pages, mark significant passages -- and yes, I know I can do all of that on an electronic reader. Still -- I like wandering through a bookstore and I am glad my local one will stay open for a while even if it is smaller. I plan on taking advantage of the sale and doing my Christmas book shopping for most of the grandkids early this year. :D