Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Journal

First of all ~ journal is a noun, not a verb. I do not journal. I write in my journal. *sigh* And that may show just how behind the times I am.

I have a shelf full of thirty or more years of hand-written journals. Then I switched to writing on my computer. Not quite as convenient has having the journal in my hand, my purse, my bag so I could jot down thoughts whenever. Still I was writing daily.

Then folks began to say, "you write in a journal. You should blog." I realized many people who blog do so as a journal. And so I began to blog. Except now I realize that there are just some things I don't want to say for public consumption - even my very small public who read this blog. What I write in my journal is for me. If it is philosophical enough or can be public thinking, then I will copy it and paste it to these pages. I connect this blog to my Facebook Account - or sometimes I just jot a quick thought on FB.

And so I am back to writing in a journal. There is now a September page on my desk top and a Journal 2010 folder in my document file. I have already written a page and feel very good about it. It felt good. It feels good. Three places to write different things in different ways. That's good. It may even mean I write here more often because the things that show up on a journal page just happen sometimes without my having to think, "What shall I blog today?" ~ with blessings for your own writing

No comments: