Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dilemma

So - here it is. My dilemma.

I can take this wonderful shot once every week to ten days and it helps lower the inflammation in my leg, around my joints and takes away a Lot of the pain and makes movement easier ~ for about a week when supported by an otc anti-inflammatory round the clock. That's the biggie -- Around the Clock.

An otc anti-inflammatory can mess up your liver in as few as three to five days -- and give you bleeding in your belly if you take them long enough.

OK. So now you get it. I can live until hip surgery either in constant and sometimes almost debilitating pain or get a bleeding ulcer (maybe). And there is no way of knowing until it happens. You know you have internal bleeding when the outward symptoms appear - no bell dings to say "10 minutes to ulcer. 10 minutes to ulcer, please." *sigh*

So - what's a person to do? I have found an answer to being able to sleep: a teaspoon of Bailey's in a cup of hot chocolate before bed. :D

I'll just keep on keeping on - keep doing my research - stay as comfortable as possible - and make it through. Dilemma or not, the appointment with the surgeon will finally come, the surgery will finally be scheduled and the hip will finally be replaced. It will all happen and in the meantime, there are lots of blessings to keep me going.

No comments: