Sunday, June 28, 2015

Thoughts While Coloring


How interesting. I had a really nice meditation ready in my head because the mandala I colored was all connected branches and I kept thinking of Jesus saying “I am the vine and you are the branches.” I do believe he is speaking a universal truth no matter what our personal belief ~ we come from the Divine and remain connected to it. He does go on to say that we have to stay connected through him so if I am going to be true to scripture, I can’t really just have him say “I am the vine and you are the branches.” On the other hand, he does say that and I do believe we are connected to the Divine. Just as the piece of apple pie doesn’t suddenly become cherry when it is cut from the whole, neither do we become lesser when we are born. We come from the Divine and we continue to hold that spark of the Divine within us all our lives. No matter how many weeds entangle us, no matter how broken we become, we are Divine and we should recognize that in each other.Maybe, more especially,  we should recognize that in ourselves.


No comments: