Sunday, April 14, 2013

The 25 Second Solution


Dead cell phone. Dead. Dead. Dead. Decide to go to Carson and see the family and go to the AT&T store. Walk in, hand phone to young man behind counter and say, Dead. He takes phone. 

He says: What did you do?
I say: Nothing. But it has been driving me crazy. 
He says (handing me back my phone): There you go. 

Done. My phone is alive and well. He is a miracle worker. And what did he do? Well, I now know that iPhones occasionally freeze up and when they do, you press on the button (actually an indentation) that wakes them up and on the power button, At The Same Time for 25 seconds and Ta-dah!! An alive and well phone!

I may get in trouble with AT&T and Apple for posting this ~ and it is such a simple solution to what felt like such a complicated problem that iPhone owners need to know about it without having to drive an hour to their nearest store (which is part of my story). And Wow! am I glad I went to Carson today and saw my family and shopped some more instead of waiting until Tuesday and going to Reno with Dean and spending all day in the office for a 25 second solution. 

No comments: