Monday, April 8, 2013

I Scream. You Scream.


We all scream for ice cream. (written the day after arriving in Death Valley) I have had more ice cream in the last week than in the whole year before. It started on Thursday with a stop just before getting on the 15 at a Baskin Robbins ~ where I had a scoop of chocolate chip, having not had that for over a year. The next night Rob brought in Dickey’s bar-b-cue and after dinner he said, “I have ice cream if anybody wants some.” He not only had ice cream - he had Breyers mint chocolate chip. So I had some of course.

Saturday night we went out and had lobster and steak and I had creme brulee for dessert but it came with a little pastry on the side with ice cream. Of course I ate it.
Sunday night we were once again all at Rob’s and he had ribs, baked potatoes and salad ~ followed by (what else?) ice cream!! 

Knowing the mint chocolate chip was there, after a very reasonable meal the next night at Soup Plantation (like Fresh Choice), I had scoop when I got home. That took care of the mint chocolate chip at home so I thought I was safe and done. 

Not to be. Tuesday night after watching Megan’s soccer practice we all went to In and Out Burger ~ there was a Wendy’s right next door and Mandy offered to buy frosties for us ~ and of course I had a chocolate frostie. That got us talking about such things and I mentioned DQ Blizzards and how much I had enjoyed a chocolate chip one. When we talked to Michelle, they had just come from DQ. Coincidence? I don’t think so. 

At lunch on our way to Death Valley, Dean’s lunch came with a scoop of ice cream with chocolate sauce and they brought him melting ice cream. He doesn’t like that so I ate most of the little sundae. But then we stopped for gas at a truck stop ~ and there was a Dairy Queen and Dean wanted ice cream and of course I ended up with a chocolate chip blizzard. Enough already.

We had a lovely prime rib buffet for dinner after setting up camp ~ and it came with dessert. Dean chose the sundae ~ and I just couldn’t do it. For once in my life, I had had Enough ice cream. I’m not sure I even knew that was possible. Isn’t “too much ice cream” an oxymoron? Wow. Ice cream every day for a week. Certainly is a week to remember. 

No comments: