Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Evolution of my Women's Group

Last night was perfect. I felt fine and all was well. Lorrie even “invited” Karen, our originator, into the circle and was thrilled when I called her. She even said, “I meant spiritually. I didn’t expect you to call her.” I just smiled and said, “This has been planned and she is at home waiting this call.” :D :D :D Nice surprise for the group.


Tender and gentle are the words that come to mind this morning. It wasn’t sad. It was tender. We knew we had completed the circle. For ten years we had met, held ritual, shared lives ~ and now it was time to move on. Several of used the word evolving. I don’t think any of us see it as an “end” ~ rather a transition, another step forward, continuing the journey for all of us.


Part of me thinks that if I had done as good a job facilitating over the years as I did last night and if people had been as intentional about coming as they were last night, we might still be meeting. And we weren’t ~ and we aren’t. And that is fine. Friendships still exist. Lunches, ski and snowshoe and tennis dates will happen. Prayer requests will be sent out ~ we continue to be a terrific circle of pray-ers. And when we do see each other whether by design or in the grocery store, we will laugh and hug and share life stories.


Blessed be. Blessed we. Namaste’.

No comments: