Thursday, March 10, 2011

What Do I Do Now?

Any of you following this blog because you know me, know I don't drink alcohol. It is not a moral or religious thing. It is because I Don't Like It. It tastes really nasty to me. I have a flat palate when it comes to wine. $5 a bottle, $500 a bottle -- all tastes the same to me: nasty. Lest you think I don't drink at all, I do like a drop of Bailey's in my hot chocolate on occasion and if I order a pina colada, I will ask the bar tender to put half the rum in it. I really don't like the flavor that alcohol brings to a drink.

So ~ although my cholesterol is better, the percentage is still the same because the good has gone down along with the bad. How do I raise the good, I ask. Well, keep doing what I'm doing, my good exercise. And oh by the way, do I drink alcohol? No. Guess what helps the good go up? A small drink once a day.

After a short conversation the doctor said, don't start. We will work this out another way. :D I have heard that there is something in the purple grapes that will help rather than just the alcohol in the wine so I bought some grape juice. Dean reminds me we have some sangria around and I could add even more fruit juice to that.

We will see. I really am not looking for an excuse to drink. Too nasty. On the other hand if I could drink Something - even grape juice - and it would help boost my good cholesterol, that would be nice. On the other hand, I think I will keep up the exercise - four days at gym and one swimming this week. I'm ok. And I like the taste of exercise a Whole Lot More than the taste of wine.

No comments: