Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Gentle, Little Rant

Beware the Ides of March - not because you may die but because it may give you ideas.


Whoever said (and I believe it was Ben Franklin), “nothing is certain except death and taxes” had to have been a man otherwise, she would have added “and laundry”. I am 68 years old and for 50 years I have been doing laundry once a week for myself and at least one other person. That’s just clothes. That doesn’t include sheets, towels, camping gear etc, etc. I couldn’t resist. I did the math. At one session a week that is 2600 weeks of laundry. An average of four loads per session equals 10,400 loads of laundry minimum. I’m just saying, that’s a Lot of Laundry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me the longest time, but I got it recently. I know how to work the washer. And the dryer. I know how to take clothes out of the hamper, put them in the basket, and carry them to the laundry room. If I'm out of whites: no excuses.

Tahoe Mom said...

Oh you men . . . heheheheheheheh

Seriously. Good for you.