Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Kitchen Toy

I mentioned in an earlier blog that Dean has a new kitchen toy: an electric pressure cooker. What fun! We are eating well and quickly. No more questions about what to have for supper when we should have started cooking an hour ago. Be a bit creative with your vegetables and whatever meat is available and dinner is ready in less than 15 minutes. Having talked about this to everybody I see, I thought I would give you a link to this amazing product.

http://www.cuisinart.com/products/countertop/cpc-600.html

It is a Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker. Sits on the counter - we even created a special counter space for it. Pressure Cookers were something from my childhood, something that aunts and my grandmother used. My mom was the youngest of her sisters and she didn't have one. Pressure cookers were old fashioned even for her and by the time I had my own kitchen, they were from the distant, ancestoral past. Until last week.

Suddenly it is the latest thing - in this family at least. Quick, easy tasty meals on very short notice. Yes, sort of like a crock pot, except with a crock pot, you have to decide at 6:30 in the morning what you want for supper when you come home from work. This way you can decide when you come home from work and still sit down to eat almost immediately. And Dean tells me that if you put it on low pressure, it does work like a crock pot. The best of both worlds.

Anyway - give it a look. The Costco price was $20 less than the on line price and even at the on line price it would be worth every penny. Dean is even learning how much food to cook so we have nothing left over. We eat fresh all the time. Right now he is the pressure cooker chef. He also is the one with the creative ideas about what to prepare. I am very happy being the sous chef. ~ with blessings and good eating

2 comments:

MikeC said...

Wow! I feel so old-fashioned with my stove-top pressure cooker with that weight thingy on top...

Tahoe Mom said...

Heheheheheh - I do recommend this.