Tuesday, October 12, 2010

And So I Wait Some More

The good news is: I really, really like the hip surgeon.


The bad news is: he is probably scheduled out three months in advance. His booking agent will call toward the end of the week and we will schedule surgery. He is telling the lady who schedules to get me in asap. He understands.


The in between news in no special order:

Of 150 hip surgeries he does per year, I am in the top three of Bad. We both regret we weren’t doing this from 10 years to 10 months ago. I finally said, and we aren’t so let’s go from here.


We ignore the knee until the hip is done. About 98% of the time, the knee problems will disappear when the hip is done.


Surgery will be a little more complicated for him (ergo for me) because he has to do a bit more extensive repair/rebuilding work because of the extreme arthritis.


Stairs will not be much of a problem. He will tell me about how much pressure I can put on the right leg - from 30 to 50 to 100% depending on surgery.


Dean was already thinking about buying a used snowmobile for transport up the drive in winter and he says this will probably bring this about because 3 months from now there will be lots of snow on the drive.


If necessary, I can stay with Michelle and family for a while.


Between now and then, I am to lay off my wonderful shot and otc anti-inflammatories and take the Vicodin I have been prescribed but not taken. He says I won’t become addicted and it won’t effect my liver and kidneys like the other stuff will.


That’s it from here. I will let you know when the surgery is -- and I intend to ask her to put me on her call list if they should Ever have a cancellation between now and whenever mine is scheduled. ~ with blessings

2 comments:

MikeC said...

Hang in there: you'll get there, get past it, and get better. Love, thoughts, and prayers...

Tahoe Mom said...

thanks So Much, Mike!! Those are the highest of vibrations and I am Very appreciative for them! :D