Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Love Compliments However They Come

Sitting with the admitting nurse at the hospital and she is doing all the pre-op questioning and teaching two weeks from surgery. Looking down all my files and health history, she says, "You are very healthy. I am not used to seeing such good health in a person your . . . uh . . . uh . . . "

"My age?" ~ then we both laugh. She agrees. And I am flattered by the compliment.

After all, even though I am presently walking most of the time with a cane, taking pain meds, and doing as little as possible, if you ignore my right lower quadrant, I am Fine! And two weeks from today, I understand from those who have had this surgery, I will be better. Sure I will have to recover from the surgery itself -- and the pain in the hip will be relieved. No more bone on bone. The surgical assistant says I will probably be snowshoeing before the season is over.

So - yes, I am very healthy and will soon be active again - :D :D :D ~ with blessings

No comments: