Thursday, October 28, 2010

mmmmmm Tea and Scones

This summer we learned to love the coffee cake and scones from a caterer who came to the Farmers' Market. Breakfast on Thursdays. On the last day of the market, she told Dean she was going to try being open to the public from 7 to 2 on Thursdays.

Last Thursday Dean went for his coffee cake and she was very glad to see him. This Thursday he went for coffee cake and a scone for me and bought her last two slices of coffee cake. Now I don't want Dean to be without his Thursday coffee cake, and I am So Glad she is doing so well with this new venture.

Which brings me to tea and scones. Today I decided to splurge and have a goodie for breakfast instead of the good-for-me oatmeal. Dean brought home a raspberry scone. Oh my. Tea and scone for breakfast. Delicious! Her scones are soft ~ more like the scones I have had in England than some I have had over here that are more like little hard rocks. It takes so little to make me happy these days. :D ~ with blessings

No comments: