Thursday, August 5, 2010

Post Production Let Down

In theatre we have a phrase "post production let down" that was very descriptive of what happened after the high of rehearsing, performing and striking a show. All the adrenaline went - whoosh - like the air from a balloon. Even if you went right into another show, there was a little ppld left over from the last show until the present show built up.

So - we had 13 people around the house for almost a week. Occasionally we had 18 when Daughter and her family could be with us. Everyone left yesterday. Whoosh! Both of us are Tired - although better this morning with yesterday behind us. I even took a nap. Today is cleaning day and I am grateful beyond measure that I have the Amazing M ___ who comes once every two weeks and helps. Today we are working All Day - floors need to be washed and/or vacuumed; all sheets and towels need to be washed, folded and put away (although thanks to one daughter, I found a stack of folded clean towels on the counter this morning!). Objects and toys need to be returned to their regular places. Beds need to be made (found out we may have two folks spending the night early next week). Another thing to be grateful for: my leg doesn't hurt as much if I keep moving. Today, I am moving. Except of course when I sit to record this.

Tomorrow is catch up on other things day: massage, acupuncture and haircut. And tomorrow will come tomorrow. For now, I am pleased to be working through the cleaning, remembering all the fun and being grateful for a wonderful, amazing family who helped cook and clean and provide Lots of Fun! Life is gearing up again and post production let down is sliding away ~ with blessings

No comments: