Saturday, August 21, 2010

Continuing Tai Chi

That first class in so long was wonderful. The second one was too. :) I am glad to be back.

I had x-rays taken and in spite of Tai Chi, massage, chiropractic, physical therapy and acupuncture, it looks like I will be having some sort of surgery on my hip. There is no space between the leg and hip bone. None. On the left hip you can see the space and whatever fills it to soften the walking and being. On the right - none. No wonder all those good practitioners were becoming frustrated because their methods weren't working.

Now their jobs (and mine) will be to have my body in the best shape it can be before and after surgery.

Meantime, I am doing my research: showing the xrays to all the aforementioned folk; getting recommendations for surgeons from both my doctor And my friends who have had hip surgery; checking out all sorts of information on line and anywhere else I can get it. There is even a presentation in Reno Wednesday night that I may attend. Might as well have All the information possible. We do have lots of ski injuries up here and so our little hospital has some of the best orthopedic surgeons around. It would be nice to stay close to home. The highest "friend" recommendations are for a surgeon about 4 hours away. We will see. It is nice to have a choice.

For now, I keep on keeping on - it is another beautiful, coolish day at the lake. Family will come up tomorrow probably. Good food in the fridge from the farmers' market and a great meat sale at the grocery store. It will be a yummy weekend. :D ~ with blessings

No comments: