Saturday, August 14, 2010

Positive networking

I'm beginning to really enjoy Facebook. If I don't have time to read all the comments on other friends' sites, that's ok. If I don't post my own updates very often, that's ok too. I like it.

Just the last couple of days I have: supported a friend whose mother died; celebrated two birthdays; sent an update about a long time friend to my daughter; and created an Amazing salad dressing recipe based on ideas from a FB friend's friends. Now how nice is all that? Pretty nice.

I understand there are folks who have real rants on their FB sites. Not mine. My friends - and their friends - seem to be respectful, funny, serious is good ways and a delight to be in touch with. No, I Do Not do games or farms or fuzzy animals. Just not my thing. So I ignore those posts. I read what they have to say about their lives. They are all over the map politically, racially and in age. Sometimes they disagree with each other if I make a political comment ~ and that's ok. They do it with respect.

And I get to be in touch with my grandkids. :) We will even chat occasionally and that is So Good. So I am having fun with it without letting it take over my life. I like the networking. Be with your friends however you can ~ with blessings

3 comments:

singinsooie said...

I agree!! And when folks start to post things I find offensive or upsetting, I 'hide' them...:) And no games or apps for me....

MikeC said...

I was resistant to FB for a long time, but I've been a big fan for a while now. Your experience really does depend on who your friends are and which groups you join. For me, it's been overwhelmingly positive and a delightful experience. (And yes, I hide Farmville, Mafia Wars, Castle Age, etc.)

Tahoe Mom said...

singinsooie and Mike ~ you two and a number of other FB friends told me about hiding games and apps. I will start doing that. And I find they show up more under News Feed and I just go straight to Status Updates and am fine. Thanks for your interest and help ~