Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Thoughts


First and foremost, it has been a Lovely day! Dee's son was with us. One of my daughters and her family were here. Dee and I took a delightful hike with two little grandchildren (ages 4 and 6). My pot roast was Delicious ~ it has been a while since I made one and I haven't lost my touch. I took my bows with no false modesty. It was yummy. It was warm enough that we were able to eat and hang out on the deck. It was a wonderful day. 

Having had the "I would never be on Face Book" conversation about three times in the last few days, I received an email from an old friend saying he had set up a FB group of folks from the theatre where I used to stage manage. So ~ I am now on face book and eager to find the group. One daughter has already told me some of the most important news and that's ok. I am ready to share with all these folks now. 

We have a big meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday ~ so laundry is being done tonight as tomorrow will be spent getting the house and office in order for the meeting ~ all the family have washed their own sheets and towels so that helps put me ahead of the game. 

I am tired. Everyone napped except the Tahoe Mom and the two little grandkids. We oiled a new desk in the office. That's ok ~ it is a tired born of the blessings of family. (And due to a glitch in my internet connection, I am publishing this Monday morning anyway so having had a good night's sleep, I am Fine now!) ~ blessings

No comments: