Thursday, May 7, 2009

Awash in Jane Austen


I have the six-hour A&E special of Pride and Prejudice - the book itself of course - and another book series, written by Elizabeth Aston: starting with Mr. Darcy's Daughters - The Second Mrs. Darcy, The Exploits & Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy, and The True Darcy Spirit. 

All of these really put me awash in Pride and Prejudice. And over the last several weeks, I have indulged. Watched the tv series, read the book, and read all of the stories about Darcy and Elizabeth's daughters. To enjoy that series it helps to know the original book, but it is not entirely necessary. The original characters only show up in the very distant background. It's been fun. I have thoroughly enjoyed it all. And it will probably be months before I do this again ~ still it is a nice option to have. Find your own series to wade into and enjoy ~ blessings

No comments: