Thursday, March 9, 2017

Lent 9

But [Moses] said, “Oh, my Lord, please send someone else.” – Exodus 4:13

Wow ~ do I identify with Moses!! The day after the last election, I just wanted to come home to Tahoe, crawl in my Hobbit hole and stay for the duration. And then, in one of those synchronistic moments, my friend Nikki posted a quote from The Hobbit which I have posted here before: 

“I wish it need not have happened in my time,” said Frodo.

“So do I,” said Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given” 


So whether the command is from God, Spirit, the Divine or even Gandalf the Wizard, it is up to us to decide. Send someone else? In my case there are lots of someone elses going - marching, writing, voting, persisting, resisting. And I am still being called. And so I do the same in my own way. And over and over again, I pray Moses’ prayer while at the same time asking for strength and courage to live in my space and in my time in Light and Love and Peace. Amen. 

No comments: