Friday, March 3, 2017

Lent 3

Today’s prayer comes from the scripture “Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! (Psalm 139: 23, 24)

I remember right after the election saying I needed to find my way through this with grace and forgiveness. I did not like the way I was feeling, the way swirling events were making me feel, and how I suddenly started relating to people based on how they voted. I had to find my way out of the “grievous way” that seemed to have taken over my soul. 


It has taken a while to find a balance between resistance and peace and I think I am almost there. I’m not sure it is “the way everlasting” and I do know that being honest with myself about how I was feeling and what was good and bad about that has helped me find my way forward. Amen. 

No comments: