Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Quotation Edification

I read, I watch documentaries and fiction on Netflix, and I see lots of posts on FaceBook. There are times when all of these produce fascinating and interesting quotes ~ and sometimes all in one week. This week, I kept some that particularly appealed to me and want to share them with you. I am simply going to do just that. Share them. It is up to you to interpret, comment on, have conversation with other people about them. This is going to be an interactive blog even if you don’t say anything to me. Let these pithy statements stir your brain ~ or not. Enjoy.

“She knew conversations about Bach. Days could go past. 
Continents could drift. Fossils could form.” (Phyrne Fisher, in Queen of the Flowers by Kerry Greenwood)

“I am not the woman President of Harvard. I am the President of Harvard.” (Drew Gilpin Faust, the President of Harvard)


“We cannot reduce God to our conception of God.” (A Catholic theologian in the documentary Sagrada: The Mystery of Creation on Netflix) 

No comments: