Tuesday, October 6, 2015

4:45 am Adventure

In order to understand this blog, you need a picture of our bathroom to set the scene. It is a long narrow room leading from our bedroom to the back deck. Here it is. 


I was awakened at 4:45 by Oso barking furiously and racing toward the deck door. He growled a bit and still humphing, came back to his bed. I was awake. Might as well go to the bathroom so I can get back to sleep. The bathroom is cool. Is there a door open? I look toward the deck door. I wander toward it with arm outstretched (the only light being a night light) and sure enough it is wide open and the bath mat which lies in front of the shower is half way out the door. Oops. 

I close the door and turn on the light. Nothing ~ and Oso has gone back to sleep. I finish, turn off the light and go back to bed myself. But it is a little unnerving. I know it wasn’t a bear because Oso neither levitated nor raced out the door after it. A large raccoon maybe? Probably. Drank some water from Oso’s bowl by the door and then hooked one of those amazing paws into a crack between the door and the wall and started in. Yay, Oso!!! I guess we lock the bathroom door from now on. 

No comments: