Wednesday, October 7, 2015

It's Nice to be Known


Wow, it is nice to be known! Went to Moe’s for lunch and to sit on the deck on a beautiful day. As we walked in I commented to Dean what a lovely day it is and the only thing that could make it better would be if they had hush puppies. Well, they didn’t but they did have brisket. 

I ordered a chopped brisket salad. Woman taking our order: it’s pulled. Me: no, pork is pulled, brisket is sliced and I would like mine chopped please. (then I turn to the young man preparing the food) I’m from Texas. I want my brisket chopped.

He grinned and said, “We can handle that.”

The owner whom we know came in and I told him my comment to Dean and said, “but it’s ok. You have brisket and it isn’t even Tuesday.” 

When our lunches came to us, there was the chopped brisket on my salad and an order of hush puppies. We both agreed, the best brisket we had had there . . . and the best hush puppies, hot, fresh, light and yummy. And we sat on the deck on a lovely fall day in Tahoe and were grateful for many, many blessings. 


No comments: