Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Apple Sauce


These apples may be the very best apples I have ever had with which to make apple sauce. They are so red and ripe that my apple sauce is red in color and needing very little sugar. These come from the librarian at Michelle's school who evidently has an orchard full of them and she gives them away. And Michelle gave her three bags full to me. They are crisp and delicious for eating and so yummy when made into apple sauce. I knew I was working hard but didn't realize how hungry I was for lunch until I was ready to eat the entire bowl of still warm sauce when I tasted it for sugar. Had to stop after that batch and have lunch. As I said when I posted apple sauce earlier in the year, I wish this blog had an aroma key so you could inhale the richness that envelops my kitchen. Lovely. 

2 comments:

AppsRus said...

Your apples are better than this years crop from our mountains! It's not been a good year for apples here...

Tahoe Mom said...

Not certain where Karen lives but somewhere around Carson City, NV. These made really good applesauce.