Friday, November 2, 2012

A Healing Process


I had a virus. A nasty 24 hour virus. Woke practically 24 hours to the minute from its start to know it was over and I would be fine. I still have no energy and every little thing I do saps it. And so I am finding healing warmth and staying there. I am dressed in layers. I wrapped my self in blankets in my chair in the corner this morning. I ate hot soup for lunch. I sat in ~ and napped in ~ a very warm corner of the window seat with the sun pouring through the windows. Even in these few moments that I have moved from there, I feel the need to return. To be warm again. To feel the healing power of the sun against my back. Once in a while, even a butterfly needs to fold her wings and retreat to the warmth of the cocoon before emerging again as her energetic, strong self. 

No comments: