Monday, November 5, 2012

A Thanksgiving Thought




There are some Things that are blessings. Any list of thanksgiving on my part always starts with clean sheets, indoor plumbing and anesthetic. What prompts this blog this morning though are my birds that sail in lovely formation across the blue wall over my mantle. They were a personally chosen Christmas gift out of a catalogue about 3 years ago. I love them. I don’t often pay them a lot of attention. They are in the periphery of my vision whenever I am in the living room. This morning however as I lay back in my chair feeling yucky, I looked up at them and was blessed. Whatever angle, whatever the shadows they cast, whenever I pay attention, they are lovely. They continue to be just exactly what is needed in that place. They are a blessing and I appreciate them and am grateful for them. 

No comments: